If you want to win more Cryptobubbles.io games you are reading the correct article. Here I will share my tips and simple strategies on how to win more games.
In the last tournament, I have qualified and finished in Top 30. So I might be not the best player, but I know quite a few tricks on how to finish as the № 1.
I think Cryptobubbles is not only a fun game to chase bubbles, but it also tests your abilities to count on the fly and evaluate the distances and the sizes of the objects.
Small bubbles give you 1 point and for this guide I will refer to them as candy.
- Play the game in the fullscreen mode in your browser. Use F11 to turn on the fullscreen. Works in most browsers. You will get more screen real estate and will be able to see your opponents from a greater distance.
- Do not play on mobile devices. It is fun to play on the go, but if you want to win games you need as a big screen as you can get. Playing on a mobile phone is really, really hard. If you like playing games on Ultra Hard mode, mobile gaming is just that.
- Press Spacebar to split and jump forward to eat your opponents.
- The most important TIP is to constantly follow and eat the candies. They help you grow since each of them gives you 1 point. Especially in the begging of the round, it is essential to eat as much as fast candy as possible.
- To emphasize why eating candy is important. Each round takes 4 minutes, so if you eat 1 candy per second, you will finish the game having 250 points. 240 seconds and 10 points from starting round.
Advanced Tips and Tactics
Here I will share my knowledge for more advanced tips and techniques that might give you an edge against your opponents.
Do not chase
Unless you are at least twice as big as your opponent or the wall or the corner is close. You can spend half of the game chasing someone around and you will just lose time and points.
Do not split too many times
In this game, everything is all about mathematics. If as I Tarantulo (97 ) see my opponent, for example, Bernard (52) I quickly look at the scoreboard and divide my size 97 / 2 = 48,5 that means if I split and attack Bernard (52) nothing will happen or at worst I will lose this battle. But if I will see Chasity (38) I can safely split and attack.
Maximum times you can safely split
Again everything is all about that scoreboard and mathematics. When the numbers get big and you are in Top 3. It is really important not to split too many times.
Unless you will touch your opponent you can be 2-4 times smaller than your closest opponent. Since everyone is chasing and attacking. It is safe to assume that everyone is 90% of the time is split at least into two balls. Again an example. Let’s say I Tarantulo (420) split into 2 balls (210) I can safely move around without any risk of anyone eating me. Because if Toby (306) would split he would be at (153).
If we assume Toby (306) is hunting and he probably is also split in 2 balls (153). We can split 4 times and get as low as (105). This is more dangerous, but you must assume that every time you split you will grow the first ball bigger.
Split-attack and 6 squares
This one is simple. The background is split into squares and you actually use it to calculate if you will reach your opponent if you will try split-attack.
When you are playing you can’t really pause and calculate the squares, but you must learn that distance because it sometime will mean if you win or lose.
Patience and greed
In this game, you always have to find the balance between the risk of eating others and the size of your bubbles. Because you might eat lots of smaller ones, but someone might attack you from the behind. Or you might just split too many times and just feed your opponent. So sometimes it’s better too loose and opportunity and to eat some candies and grow instead of losing the game.
The map and the corners
For defensive purposes. You must always be aware of your relative position on the map. Because if you are starting the game late, or you have just seen one of your bigger opponents you should not move to the corner or closer to the wall of the map.
And for attacking generally part of players likes to hang out in the corners of the map. So most likely you will always find someone to eat, corners are generally good hunting grounds because new players get trapped in there.
Pro-tip. Always consider the time you will have to go and come back from the corner. If you see a bigger bubble going in the direction of corner, follow them.
If you are getting low framerate/lag you can do one of these things.
- Download a faster browser. In my testing and experience, Brave is the fastest browser (Chromium). Referral link.
- Simply open a new browser window.
- If you are using an older machine. Close unused applications.
Cryptobubbles.io is constantly getting updates. So sometimes you will have to clean your browser cache if you will error messages like this one below.
- For a fast way to clean cache. Press Ctrl + F5.
- If this does not help go to settings and clean all the cache and cookies. This is a useful guide for all the browsers: https://clear-my-cache.com/windows.html
- Medium https://medium.com/elrondnetwork
- Twitter https://twitter.com/elrondnetwork
- Telegram https://t.me/ElrondNetwork
- Github https://github.com/elrondnetwork